Innovation Through Collaboration
Tresys has been dedicated to delivering open source solutions to our clients since we opened our doors in 1999. Open source plays a central role in all our national security and critical infrastructure solutions and delivers a number of benefits to our customers.
Our collaborative open source development approach:
- Fosters rapid innovation, with ideas coming from multiple independent sources
- Provides design diversity
- Improves reliability through shared use
- Empowers our clients to be more flexible and self-reliant
- Reduces the total cost of ownership
Contributing to Open Source
Tresys is an active supporter of open source, contributing to many different open source communities and projects. By sharing our work, we help advance the open source community’s knowledge of technologies that are vital to solving cybersecurity challenges.
Open source tools and technology sponsored by Tresys include:
- SETools Policy Analysis Suite, which allows a policy developer or tester to perform detailed analysis and debugging of an SELinux policy
- Certifiable Linux Integration Platform (CLIP), a toolkit for creating a secure computing environment suitable for hosting U.S. government applications
- Reference Policy, which makes it easier to maintain and apply baseline security policy for SELinux
Open source creates communities of interest, empowers them to grow and drives shared innovation to a mutual objective